Spices and resting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bones1948

Fire Starter
Original poster
Feb 10, 2010
Winter Springs, Florida
When making sausage whether it is summer sausage, brats, or any sauage after grinding and mixing in the spices should you let it sit in the refigerator 24 hours before stuffing?

Bones

I would stuff first if the recipe calls for setting in the fridge. The longer it stays in the pan the harder it gets to stuff without adding more water (in my experience).

We always mix the night before and then stuff them the next morning and put them in the smoker. We add a little warm water (to keep your hands from freezing) in the morning and give them a little more mixing love and then stuff them and get them to the smoker.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky