Spell Check in FireFox

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bamafan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jun 4, 2008
Crestview Fl
Does spell check work in Firefox? I know it doesn't work on mine. The spell check works in IE 9 but I hate using that still can't get the back button to work.If it works for anyone else is the a control I don't have enabled or an add-on?

Are you using the "BB code Editor" or "Rich Text Editor" on SMF?

I've noticed on here the spell check only works in "Rich Text Editor"

It's set to Rich Test editor. If a word is misspelled I get the red line under it but a right click will not correct.

Last edited:
It's set to Rich Test editor. If a work is misspelled I get the red line under it but a right click will not correct.

Oh OK, that could be a Firefox issue, I don't know, I don't use Firefox. I know there are quite a few people here that do use it so someone should be able to help.

Try switching to "BB Code Editor", I just tried it and I do get the red underline on misspelled words and right clicking does give suggestions to change. I just don't get the "Spell Check" icon on the toolbar.
I have found "BB Code Editor" is a lot easier to use too. When you paste something it goes straight to the message and you don't get the pop up window where you have to paste again.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky