Spanish/King Mackeral smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kajun

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Panama City, Florida
got blessed by the fish gods again and was given more fish to smoke
biggrin.gif
one decent size king and the rest were big spanish...smokin on the ECB electric with hickory chips.....marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil, water and rub spices and kosher salt.....spritzing with apple juice,southern basting oil, sherrry wine,balsamic vinger...

here's the Q-view....will update as i go...

dscf0002et5.jpg

dscf0006oz9.jpg

dscf0008pu4.jpg

dscf0010vp3.jpg

dscf0012fn8.jpg

this was supper while waiting on the fish :) stem tomatos and bacon,mayo on a toasted CWB...mmmm...did i tell you i gained 5 lbs since i joined this forum? lol

dscf0015ki7.jpg

this is 2.5 hrs into the smoke,first spritz... notice a few pieces missing?
biggrin.gif

dscf0016vk8.jpg

all done, packed up and ready to bring into work in the morning :) dip was made with cream cheese,mayo,lipton's onion mix, chopped vidalia onion,green onions,old bay seasoning + fish.....

here's the finished Q-view....

dscf0001wb9.jpg

dscf0002ok8.jpg

dscf0003mi5.jpg

Way to go kajun! Did my first fish the other day - salmon. Itching to do more and different fish. You turn all that into dip?

Looks great nice job thanks for sharing
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

seboke..yup...turned it all into dip minus the few pieces i ate off the grill :P i wish there was some salmon to catch around here ..i might have to break down and buy some at winn dixie.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky