Spanish/King Mackeral smoke

Discussion in 'Fish' started by kajun, Jun 9, 2008.

1. got blessed by the fish gods again and was given more fish to smoke [​IMG] one decent size king and the rest were big spanish...smokin on the ECB electric with hickory chips.....marinated in soy sauce and sesame oil, water and rub spices and kosher salt.....spritzing with apple juice,southern basting oil, sherrry wine,balsamic vinger...

here's the Q-view....will update as i go...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this was supper while waiting on the fish :) stem tomatos and bacon,mayo on a toasted CWB...mmmm...did i tell you i gained 5 lbs since i joined this forum? lol

[​IMG]

this is 2.5 hrs into the smoke,first spritz... notice a few pieces missing? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Kajun, your Qview is awesome! Thanks for posting.[​IMG]

3. all done, packed up and ready to bring into work in the morning :) dip was made with cream cheese,mayo,lipton's onion mix, chopped vidalia onion,green onions,old bay seasoning + fish.....

here's the finished Q-view....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. seboke

seboke Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Way to go kajun! Did my first fish the other day - salmon. Itching to do more and different fish. You turn all that into dip?

5. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks great nice job thanks for sharing [​IMG]

6. seboke..yup...turned it all into dip minus the few pieces i ate off the grill :p i wish there was some salmon to catch around here ..i might have to break down and buy some at winn dixie.