South Florida Gathering--Picture Thread.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey ya'll

Just joined the Forum. First, I would like to thank Keith (JckDanls 07) for introducing me to this forum, and welcoming me to join him and Charlotte to the 1st South Florida Gathering. What an excellent time I had meeting a lot of great people like Doug, Al & Judy, Turnip, Craig, Ron, and James just to name a few. I would like to thank all of you for letting me join in the Rib Competition. It was an awesome time. Looking forward to being a member of this Forum.

Thanks again everyone. Had a great time.

Welcome to the forums Bill.. your gonna love this place... now you need to stop In at roll call and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what kind of equipment ya have...

ENJOY

Wow....looks like you folks had a great time!  Good for you.  Nice to see pictures, thanks for sharing them.  We need to get some of the Ohio folks to get together!

just start up a post and see if there is any interesting...Al and I started this as 2...and quickly it grew!  As you heard before around 29 forum members and guests!  Start it up! :)

WOW, all those So. Fla. folks can party like Texans.  Looks seriously like a huge, well organized, weekend event that could go national! 

All the food looks great, good to see some of the various rigs people have, and all the smiling faces.  Great JOB everyone!
The question IS...can the texasn party like us south floridians ;) 

Hey ya'll

Just joined the Forum. First, I would like to thank Keith (JckDanls 07) for introducing me to this forum, and welcoming me to join him and Charlotte to the 1st South Florida Gathering. What an excellent time I had meeting a lot of great people like Doug, Al & Judy, Turnip, Craig, Ron, and James just to name a few. I would like to thank all of you for letting me join in the Rib Competition. It was an awesome time. Looking forward to being a member of this Forum.

Thanks again everyone. Had a great time.

Bill! you finally found your name :)  Welcome to the forum and i'm sure glad you got invited to the gathering, great meeting you.  like keith said...check out the Roll Call area and say hi to everyone http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/f/133/roll-call

Thanks to all of you.

Nice to see pics and put some faces with familiar names.

Dam shame none of you got enough to eat?

Good luck and good smoking.

We had an awesome weekend ! Next year I'll be better prepared and my chickens wont be frozen for the cook off ! Spent a lot of quality time with the family, but the folks only come down once or twice a year after all..... Next year will spend more time hangin & smokin with the group. 

Love Fisheating Creek so much, We booked the best site..... 62 for for next year Thanksgiving week on the creek. will post some nature picts for yall, and some from Gatorama as well that place was worth the visit, the kids loved it!......... Stay Tuned..........., 

P.S. Doug, can you post your Jerky recipe? That was some slammin good stuff ! 

Looks like you all had a great time, Thanks for sharing the pictures. I Told my wife about it and she really wants to go to a gathering now so who knows, maybe next year, we are hoping to move back to Florida within the next year so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Gatorama, and Fisheating Creek Nature Picts as promised:

2fd2a2a3_DSCN1379.jpg

A Biggun !

bdbd08e7_DSCN1380.jpg

2 More in the Big Pond

ae81b160_DSCN1381.jpg

My Girl Holding a Baby one

d7c23ef9_DSCN1395.jpg

Hawk at Fish eating creek

e0d0361c_DSCN1404.jpg

Beautiful Oaks

12bd4e48_DSCN1489.jpg

Airplants

e51c10cf_DSCN1430.jpg

Feeding the squirells Cheesepuff Caterpillars !

b1a33761_DSCN1446.jpg

Caught one!

1c034ec5_DSCN1476.jpg

Canoeing

377ce587_IMAG0157-1-11.jpg

Hubby

d52892cc_IMAG0161-1.jpg

My Boy..... got a shower of rain

ff82705c_IMAG0160-1.jpg

The Swimming Lake

29398397_DSCN1485.jpg

Caught a catfish in the creek, was about 12" not a good shot

51cf6527_DSCN1490.jpg

Campfire smores

ca822a64_DSCN1525.jpg

52d00c90_DSCN1528.jpg

WE Love Fisheating Creek!

Great photo's Brenda!

You have a wonderful family & I am glad I got the pleasure of meeting you all.

See you next year!

Thanks for showing the awesome pictures, Brenda!!!

What a wonderful family, too!!!!

Bear

We got back from the Keys last nite..

We had a great time at the party and will be back for the next one.

The food and company was awesome..Great putting names and faces together.

The Gatorama was fun too.

My pics are pretty much the same as whats already been shown,so here's the last nite of vacations sunset.

9a9dc52c_vacation113.jpg

Have a great day!!

Craig

Craig, Sounds like you guys had a great vacation!

Really glad we got to meet you & looking forward to next year!

Last edited:
Still wondering what the heck happened to James.

I'd sure like to see the video's he took!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky