source for maverick et-73?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought my from Amazon.com.  It was the best price I could fine.  I have had to replace the smoker probe once and the food probe once.  Maverick sent me replacements free, without me having to return them, and without charging S&H.

I had two show up last Monday.  My son, visiting from Denver, admired them and then with a wistful look in his eyes, said, well, sometime maybe.......  Being the nice guy I am, (OK, softie), I had his fiancee sneek one into the luggage to give him on arrival in Denver (He has a terrible habit of saying, Oh No Dad...I can't take it).  Well, I was successful, he won't return it.....too lazy to hit the Post Office.  I can always get another one for backup.   Ya gotta love it when the old man can finally give his adult children something they really want.  Believe me, it's really hard nowadays, especially when they live 1442 miles away (according to my GPS).

received mine in time to uses it this weekend on a sucessful smoke.  The "smoker" probe was incredibly useful as my propane was running low what a great way to set an alarm on a mimum temp and at the same time set an alarm on the maximum.  Great tool to have in the toolbox.

received mine in time to uses it this weekend on a sucessful smoke.  The "smoker" probe was incredibly useful as my propane was running low what a great way to set an alarm on a mimum temp and at the same time set an alarm on the maximum.  Great tool to have in the toolbox.
that monitoring both the high and the LOW temps is what makes the et-73 top thermo on the market in that price range, is what the et-7 lacks. i have had great customer service expierience with them. only needed it once when i had a probe go bad. called on the phone, quick answer, friendly gal answering, sent me a new probe free of charge.

If anybody is still looking for the Maverick ET73 just purchased mine on ebay buy it now 37.49+3.09ship=40.58 search maverick et73 hope this helps.

Just picked up a Maverick ET-73 on EBay for $38.97 Incl. Shipping.

Todd

The therm I use is a less expensive (~$15-20) model by Thompson, available at Target and the like.  One probe, no remote.  They seem to last about two years before something goes wrong with the probe.

What is the experience of folks here on the ET73 you keep talking about?  How long before they go bad?

I've got a Polder $25 thermo.  Works OK, but not a remote and I have to be within earshot of it to hear the alarm.  Also, it's only a single probe.

Besides, "He Who Dies With The Most Toys Wins!!!"

Todd

I got my Maverick ET-73 in the mail today, and gave it a trial run with 25# of venison bacon in the smoker.

100' distance, pretty cool......Well maybe?

I registered the units per instructions, and walked inside to get some work done.  First thing I noticed, was that there were no audible alarms ad stated in the instructions, but I figured it was a setting of some sort.  I thought it was very odd that the food temp and smoker temps did not change, but figured it may something like a 5 minute interval between updates.  I got kinda nervous after 20 minutes, and walked outside with it.  When I got within 20' it started updating the receiver.  Walk back 10' and no updates.  It's a clear shot across my 24' deep garage and the overhead door was open.

I did a GOOGLE search on Maverick ET-73 and there are many guys out there with the same issue.  There's even a really cool antenna mod, but WTF, the manufacturer should either fix the problem or not advertise "Monitor internal temperature of smoked meats from 100 feet away", and "Check the meat and smoking chamber temperatures from the house - up to 100 ft away"a 100' distance."

I'm patiently waiting for a reply from the seller.  Has anyone had this issue, and is a replacement any better?

THANKS!

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky