source for maverick et-73?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

my87csx481

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
CT, USA
Is it me or has the et-73 been discontinued?

I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere online.  Anyone have a source?

Thanks.

If you go to the Smokers & More section then Digital Probe under Thermometers you will find the Maverick ET 73 listed then if you click on link by description there will be a link to where I bought mine. Not sure if they have them in stock but its worth a shot

Here Ya go.

Will this model monitor grate temps with a meat probe?

If you go to the Smokers & More section then Digital Probe under Thermometers you will find the Maverick ET 73 listed then if you click on link by description there will be a link to where I bought mine. Not sure if they have them in stock but its worth a shot
Yeah, I tried that before posting but, says out of stock.

Last edited:
Is it okay to use the ET-7 to monitor grate level with a meat probe?  The description for the ET-7 says two probes for meat.

The description for the ET-73 says one probe for meat and one probe for the smoking chamber.

Is it okay to use the ET-7 to monitor grate level with a meat probe?  The description for the ET-7 says two probes for meat.

The description for the ET-73 says one probe for meat and one probe for the smoking chamber.
I only use mine for meat probes as I have permanetly mounted therms on my UDS for barrel temps. The MFG says do not use the Stainless Probe above 410* so if you stay below that level I would say OK.

I'm going to give Maverick Industries a call tomorrow.  I finally decided I would purchase the ET-73 today and search online until I was blind! lol  must be a buncha smokin going on! lol

Oh well, good luck contacting anyone via phone at Maverick Industries! lol  I emailed them this morning and hopefully that will provide some information.  

I did find one web site that supposedly has the ET-73 in stock, however, they must know they're in short supply because they want $65 for it!!  I won't bother to advertise for them by posting the link here, but if anyone just has to have it, PM me and I'll send you the link.

Thanks for posting man.  Ordered one just now.

I called a few places that said they were on back order....gonna be about 2-3 weeks before they may get more in stock..

Glad I could help out!  I know I had scrubbed google and called vendors for 2 days with no luck except for a couple places that wanted way to much $$ for them!  I hate gougers! 

Oh man, I used this last night when I smoked my butt and it is GREAT!! I love this thing!  I'm a little confused as to why they designed the transmitter such that you have to remove the clip on stand and remove the battery cover to get to the on/off switch...other than that, I found it simple to use and the chamber and meat temp alarms are GREAT!  Oh did I say GREAT again? LOL  I didn't experience the issues some have posted about connectivity problems between the transmitter and remote.  I have a two story home and moved freely throughout the house and yard with no issues.  My power naps were much more restful!  LOL

NWD, no worries, just glad to help out!  
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I'm a little confused as to why they designed the transmitter such that you have to remove the clip on stand and remove the battery cover to get to the on/off switch...
The only logical reason is to keep the unit reasonably waterproof.

Now, of course, note that   I did use the caveat's of "logical" and "reasonably".  You could call it a SWAG.  Personally, I think it's some geeky engineers practical joke on the rest of the world.  My apologies to any geeky engineers smart enough to be here.  You definitely aren't geeky.  Hold on while I go get a shovel to dig a deeper hole.......
biggrin.gif

Dave...LOL, I think you're probably right, I was thinking something along those lines...about the engineer who designed it and the weather. ahaha  

I have one of these and I'm learning to hate it.  I can't get it to transmit more than 25 feet (outdoors).  Does anybody else have this issue?  I bought mine from Amazon more than 30 days ago so I can't return it. 

You might have a bad one. There's no way it should have a problem with outdoors, less than 100'.

As for having trouble calling them---The little on/off switch broke off of my receiver the first day, after I tested it. I called them. They answered the phone, apologized, and sent me a brand new receiver. Didn't even ask me to send the broken one back. In my book, you can't beat service like that. I think they're outa Jersey.

I would call them about that 25' unobstructed outside problem.

Bear

Yes I plan on calling on Tuesday but thanks a lot for the confirmation on the customer service (it is rare these days and I'm always willing to pay extra for good customer service).  It is just frustrating using it today.  It wasn't too bad the first time using it (it still wasn't going 50 from outside to inside) but I learned to put up with it.  However, it has been going downhill ever since.  I know there was a bad batch a few years ago (a lot of people got them) where the max distance was about 20-25 feet.

Found them...this place I just bought mine from has about 300 on hand and said they are selling quickly.  The price is $39.99 plus about $7 shipping and tax if you're in NC.  They are out of Asheville, NC so luckily I'll have mine tomorrow!

http://www.thekitchenstore.com/011502013733.html

1-800-458-2616 
This is the cheapest I've seen!  I ordered two more.  Thanks for the link!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky