Soooo, how much smoke ring is enough?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radio

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jul 28, 2013
S.W. Mo
Did a small Brisky yesterday along with the Mac and Cheese Fattie.  When I sliced that puppy I couldn't believe the depth of the smoke ring!

Nothing like Brisky sammich with maters fresh from the garden
drool.gif

Quite beautiful.  I guess you put bacon on top of it?
Nope, no Bacon.  Smoked direct on the grate with no spritzing until about 170° IT, then foiled with a bit of apple juice to IT of 195° then rested in a cooler for 1 hour.  Should have went two hours in the cooler, but I was hungry!
drool.gif

Wow - impressive  
2thumbs.gif
 What did you use as your rub/marinade and what wood were you smoking with?

Wow - impressive  
2thumbs.gif
 What did you use as your rub/marinade and what wood were you smoking with?
Thanks.  I used my homemade rub  of SPOG with just a touch of Cayenne and a hint of Rosemary.  The wood was White Oak from a tree on our place that was downed by storm last year.

OK back on topic...When is enough, enough........when the smoke ring on the top, comes out the bottom and the smoke ring on the bottom comes out the top.

Happy smoken.

David
Kinda like, "Who's on First?"
biggrin.gif
  I can't recall ever seeing  a smoke ring meet in the middle, but that would be awesome!
sausage.gif

In places , almost , but not quite .
frown.gif
Dang!  That looks tasty!  I have no doubt mine would have come close in the thinner spots except this was the point lying on top of the flat, so it didn't get the chance to penetrate but very little from the bottom as it was shielded.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky