So torn over direction to go on a smoker......

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I think in direct is good I had put to much charcoal in my smoker and almost burnt up boston butts with grease dripping on it

my smoker is not like yours mine is like the brinkman and with a homemade bottom since the bottom rusted away.

I am a little late to the party but......

Get the Weber 22" and buy the slow n sear. I have this and it turns out some pretty amazing smoked butt, briskets, ribs and chicken. The slow n sear will give you an easy 8 hours of cooking and smoking before you need to add any more coals.

I am a little late to the party but......

Get the Weber 22" and buy the slow n sear. I have this and it turns out some pretty amazing smoked butt, briskets, ribs and chicken. The slow n sear will give you an easy 8 hours of cooking and smoking before you need to add any more coals.
FWIW I can get 10 hours plus of cook time using the "snake" method, when I cook at 250°, with out using any special equipment. YMMV.

My set up is a Masterbuilt - elite series. I bought at Lowes, and yesterday they sell for 189.

Ive had it for 2 yrs and Ive never had a beeter smoker. The Amaze-n pellet smoker gives the best smoke youll ever get on meat, and you can do a 12 hr smoke and never have to worry about it.

Get the remote temp sensors, set in house and just wait for it to beep. You can also check the meat temp with the probe that comes with it - great for cooking two different meats at once in the smoker.

Here is the word from NJ. If you can't do it on a Weber kettle it can't be done! One of most versatile grill ever made. And with all the new (After market) toys available you can't miss.. Get a 22 or a 26 , a vortex and contact Todd at Amazin products and get a 12 inch tube and some pellets.. You will never look back!

I have a Weber 22" Kettle and added the slow n sear and it turns out some fantastic que!! Only drawback is lose space. But have done ribs, in a rib rack, 9lb butt for pulled pork, Whole chickens and a 8 lb brisket.

That was the smoker I almost went with - like everyone ha said - they are bullet proof and hard to beat with all the versatility they offer!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky