So Cal newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smksignals

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Gilbert AZ
Hi everyone, A quick little intro here. I am in the market for a smoker and found this forum to be the best place to start. I have been thinking about a propane smoker, but am starting to lean towards a charcoal smoker with the side firebox. It may be a bit tougher in the beginning to control the heat, but the charcoal smoker looks more versatile, and fun !!

I have been a gas grill user for the past 20 years, and just recently bought a Weber kettle charcoal grill, and have been enjoying that. I am really looking forward to slow cooking some brisket and ribs in a slow cooker/smoker now !!

Hmmm, the more I think about it, I must me addicted to smoke. I love cigars and fly high power rockets, which coincidentally, both smoke !!
biggrin.gif

Anyways, I'll let you know what I end up buying, and hope to share some experiences and pix someday soon.

Later, Kurt T.

Welcome to SMF where you'll find plenty of friendly help from folks who are pretty much on the same page.

Welcome aboard. This is the place to get the answer to your questions. I'm a propaner but there will be charcoalers along with answers.

Welcome to the forum. You will find many friendly folks here using everything from electric to wood burning---manufactured to homemade so don't be afraid to ask questions. One caution....whatever you choose this stuff is addicting.

Welcome aboard! I too am a gasser but would like to eventually go back to charcoal...

Have fun and make sure all your questions are answered..

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky