SmokinGouda Roll Call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokingouda

Original poster
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas City, MO
Greetings to all SMFers. Stumbled across SMF the other day while trying to decide which gas smoker I was going to get to replace my ECB vertical charcoal unit. This looks like the place to be when it comes to smoking. I've got lots of questions but i'll post those in the appropriate location later. I am yet another KC BBQ fanatic.

I've been smoking on my Brinkmann charcoal unit for 6months or so now with pretty good luck. Done two butts, pork spare ribs, stuffed pork loins, ABTs, baked beans and chicken. Decided to switch up to a Gas unit to make longer smokes easier, maintaining that charcoal fire for 12+ hours was a pain! As I eluded to above I was torn between the 44" Smoke Hollow and the Smoke Vault 24". I ended up going with the CCSV24 as I couldn't justify the extra expense for the SH. As i type this, at work, my new SV is sitting freshly delivered on my front porch waiting for me. Can't wait to put it together and get a good season on it before the weekend.

Now if i can just find a place to order more grilling grids for the CCSV24 i'll be set, it only comes with two and camp chef has them on backorder...
icon_evil.gif

I've got the 5part eCourse on its way, i'm sure there's some good stuff in there.

I just did 4 racks of spares and some spicy Italian sausages for the Super Bowl in the ECB. Really hated having to cut down the racks and put them in rib racks so i could fit it all. I had to do the 24 ABTs in the oven too... not cool. Shouldn't ever have that issue with the Smoke Vault!

grilling_smilie.gif

Welcome to the  forum  SmokinGouda

Looks like you are on your way to being a great smoker!   Post a couple of pics of your new equipment when you get a chance

Again Welcome to SMF

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky