Smoking virgin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scottwallan

Original poster
Oct 7, 2014
Hi, My name is Scott. I live in Pollock Pines CA. Just got my MasterBuilt 30" Digital smoker, several bags of Hickory, Mesquite and Apple chips. Also ordered Jeff's Smoking Essentials book and Maverick ET-733 Thermometer from Amazon after reading Jeffs five part email Tips. Next is the Rub and of course meat. Been a big fan of smoked anything forever and finally pulled the trigger. Nervous but excited. Tomorrow preseason the smoker and lots more reading. Thanks in advance for the tips and recipes Ill be reading from this Forum! Wish me luck, Scott

Welcome Scott to SMF!  Ray here, just down the hill.  Glad you are ready to put that MES30 through its paces and put some smoked meat on the table.  There are a lot of folks here with your equipment who are happy to answer any questions you have.  Have fun smoking and trust that it is easier than you know.  Once you get a few smokes under your belt it becomes easy peasy.

Enjoy the reading and be sure to post pics of your first smoke!

Ray

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a rainy and finally cooling down East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

AND -------- LUCK

Gary

Welcome to SMF!! Everything you need to know you can find here, if you can't, just ask and someone will be along to help.

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions
Post it and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is
because their are so many different ways to make great Q...
Happy smoken.
David

Thanks to all for the warm welcome. I will be posting pics and questions but mostly reading all the great info here. It's funny how many people love smoked anything. I didn't think there were so many of us! My name is Scott, and I'm a smoker!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky