smoking time for a fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crewcab4x4

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
Edison , OH
I have been reading the posts about the different fatties and can't wait to try one. I was just wondering smoking times , temp. , and any other suggestions.
Thanks
Jason

Did he say TIME?!?

Hehehe... Sheesh. Somewhere in the 225-275 range until internal temp of 170.
Possibly 4 hours, probably less. How big eh?

Time... LOL!

Smoke it to temperature with a probe in it. 170°F internal temp. is the default "well done" for pork on most digital thermometers, but 160°F is fine.
Enjoy!

Thanks just wanted to make sure on temp. so I knew it was cooked all the way through . I'll probably just do a 1 lb. to start with till I see the reactions it get's
Thanks
Jason

mine's been on for 5 hrs this morning running 205-225..one more hour and they are off...I'm a newbie at this fatty thing but think I mastered one for the masses. Rolled a 1# hot sausauge out, filled with sauteed onions and green peppers, precooked hash brown taters, scrambled egg, sharp cheddar cheese, ham, rolled it up, wrapped it in bacon and let er smoke. Got to take your Lipitor before ya dig in!
icon_lol.gif
Got 6 of them cooking on the ECB. Slice a slab and throw er on a bisquit ( or whatever youzzz guyzz use) and she good to go.

Those look awesome lagogarda can't wait to try smoking one.

sorry about the double post as Texas pointed out . My wife got on the computer while I was doing the other post and when I went back to check for replies , I couldn't find it so I didn't think it got posted . oops!
Thanks for all the great ideas , and help.
Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky