Smoking In A Snow Storm !

Discussion in 'Pork' started by kennymn, Dec 2, 2007.

1. kennymn

kennymn Meat Mopper

I didn't want to start smoking this early in the morning but the weatherman predicted a storm to hit us at about midday .So I started at 9 and finished at 1 just as the storm hit . Smoked 9lbs of country style ribs and 10lbs of chicken quarters . Brined the quarters with just kosher salt , sugar , and garlic juice for 12 hrs , then coated quarters with mircale whip and light sprinkle of poulry seasoning . Marinated ribs with 50/50 BBQ sauce and water for 3 days
    Used hickory chips and chunks ,smoked at 230 deg for ahout 4 hrs , everything turned out awesome .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Looks good Kennymn! We do what we can eh?

3. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Kenny, that looks awesome! [​IMG]

4. rip

rip Smoking Fanatic

Looks real good, and nice wind break.

5. zapper

zapper Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

You got alot of nerve calling that a snow storm! I can still see the grass thru the snow.[​IMG] I am originally from the Midwest and I kind of miss playing in the snow. I like the 50/50 idea. I don't know why I never thought of that. It all looks good!

6. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

kenny we got 8'' last night in bemidji'your probably guna get blasted .food looks great.

7. bigarm's smokin

bigarm's smokin Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks like you made out fine Kenny. Sure makes you wish you had a smoke house like Marty and Tanya's though, don't it. [​IMG]

8. t-bone tim

t-bone tim Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks great Kennymn, Q always tastes better when it's cold n snowy [​IMG]

9. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Looks great.

10. kennymn

kennymn Meat Mopper

I found out by insulating my GOSM and building a windbreak that I can put up with the snow ( up to a point ! )

11. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

KENNYMN
    Nice looking fix'ns and good timing on the storm !!! We got 7 inches of snow yesterday.

BigArm's smokin
    We have had that smoker 3 years now and it gets fired up about twice a winter for sausage. My youngest son is in his 12th year of wrestling so having any time to ourselves on weekends is not much of an option. But he is a senior this year so starting next winter I should get more smoke time !!!