Smoking In A Snow Storm !

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kennymn

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 22, 2006
ALBERTVILLE MN
I didn't want to start smoking this early in the morning but the weatherman predicted a storm to hit us at about midday .So I started at 9 and finished at 1 just as the storm hit . Smoked 9lbs of country style ribs and 10lbs of chicken quarters . Brined the quarters with just kosher salt , sugar , and garlic juice for 12 hrs , then coated quarters with mircale whip and light sprinkle of poulry seasoning . Marinated ribs with 50/50 BBQ sauce and water for 3 days
Used hickory chips and chunks ,smoked at 230 deg for ahout 4 hrs , everything turned out awesome .
a991be1b_vbattach15900.jpg

75571616_vbattach15898.jpg

78709b19_vbattach15899.jpg

42578697_vbattach15897.jpg

0ac6039e_vbattach15896.jpg

You got alot of nerve calling that a snow storm! I can still see the grass thru the snow.
biggrin.gif
I am originally from the Midwest and I kind of miss playing in the snow. I like the 50/50 idea. I don't know why I never thought of that. It all looks good!

Looks like you made out fine Kenny. Sure makes you wish you had a smoke house like Marty and Tanya's though, don't it.
icon_idea.gif

I found out by insulating my GOSM and building a windbreak that I can put up with the snow ( up to a point ! )

KENNYMN
Nice looking fix'ns and good timing on the storm !!! We got 7 inches of snow yesterday.

BigArm's smokin
We have had that smoker 3 years now and it gets fired up about twice a winter for sausage. My youngest son is in his 12th year of wrestling so having any time to ourselves on weekends is not much of an option. But he is a senior this year so starting next winter I should get more smoke time !!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky