Smoking chicken thighs

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by craigdchang, Feb 16, 2015.

1. craigdchang

craigdchang Fire Starter

I had to make some modifications to my new MES30 so I could smoke some thighs in the garage since it was 3 degrees outside. The thighs came out fantastic thanks to the great recipes and hints on this forum.

2. It all looks good. You would get better smoke if you could rig the pipe to go up instead of down since heat rises.

Happy smoken.

David

3. red dog

red dog Smoking Fanatic

Nice looking thighs. Well done!

4. craigdchang

craigdchang Fire Starter

You are absolutely right. Once the smoke started to get going I noticed that the smoke was coming out by the chip box. So I changed positions and ran the pipe out the top of the garage. I just didn't post a picture.

5. twoalpha

twoalpha Smoking Fanatic

Nice job on the chicken and finding a way to work out the issues on such a cold day.

6. [​IMG]

7. awesome. Im going to use  that smoke stack idea since it only got up to 2 below here yesterday

8. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Phil Welcome to SMF stop by roll call Let every know a little about yourself, location, smoker it all helps if you need any questions answered

9. tropics

tropics Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

craig nice looking thighs.

10. [​IMG]  I see this is your first post. When you get a chance will you drop by roll call so everyone can give you a proper SMF welcome?

Happy smoken.

David

11. nice looking thighs, and welcome to the forum.

dannylang

12. bonzbbq

bonzbbq Smoke Blower

Welcome craig, brrrr, too cold for me, Bonz

13. craigdchang

craigdchang Fire Starter

When I started I noticed that the smoke would back up and come out the smoke generator so I moved the hose to above the smoker and that did the trick I will post more pictures.

14. The color was beautiful, Great job

Gary

15. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Nice looking chix! The cold weather can be challenging nice job.