Smoking breast's

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveroo

Original poster
Jul 20, 2015
Auburn California
I know there are alot of posts about it..but i want to know where on the gril..in the smoke box(?) not in the firebox..should i place them in the coldest part to take the smoke?  or sorta in the middle?....then move to the hottest place to finish?

im new to this smokin thing...i recieved it for my 53rd birthday from my folks,guess they tired of me saying...someday imma have one them smokers!!...this was just july 6th..ive down a big steak,shared by three of us..then a pork shoulder..wanted to do pulled pork samiches,but my dad said..oh no..let it rest until tomorrow and then rip it apart...nooooo it was hard to do then..and they (my folks) insisted it be done straight out the fridge (btw..im disabled..not mentally,some say i am,,but thats another story,and i live in a 30 foot rv in the folks backyard)..anyway that stunk..it was sooo nice when i pulled it out of the smoker...oh well live n learn eh?..also did a 1.7 pound  steak for myself on my bday...ate it all..but i was most deff full...LOL..pork chops tonight..perfection..but..ive got these bone in,skin on,super breasts to do saturday,and i have a couple coming to help me build a stand for something..and gonna feedem...im nervous and i have no clue what to do with them...
33.gif

icon_eek.gif

I agree with Case's suggestion , however , we need to know the type of Smoker you have , and a Q-view.

normally , the way is to do an offset smoke . Fire on one side and  smoke generator under the opposite side .

Kinda like this : 

100x100px-ZC-d699befc_IMG_0560.jpeg
 not a great shot , but gives an idea . . .

PM Me if you still have questions.

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky