smokin sailor

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

brennan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 2, 2007
Lakewood, CO
Hey there folks, I'm brand spankin new to the smoking world and don't have much in the way of gear...then again I don't have much room for more than I already have. I've got a good ol' weber bbq x 2 and then my lil homemade smoker... a couple azelia pots, a hot plate, a smokey joe grate, three bricks and a pie plate. i've done pork butt in it already and it works phenominally...espicially compared to other ceramic smokers and their costs. As far as actual smoking is concerned, i'm just getting started. well that's about all I have for now.

You're a sailor. You're used to getting along in tight spaces (especially if you ever spent time on a sub)..

Anyway, welcome aboard (no pun intended)..Have fun and ask a lot of questions.

Glad to see you've joined us at SMF. You'll find plenty of help, laughs, and wisdom. Keep the smoke in your face!

Welcome aboard the mighty SMF Brennan, glad you found us! Ask questions, take notes, share your experiences and post pictures... we like pictures!

Welcome to SMF from Canada.
Glad you found us.
Jeff also has free PDF files you can download for more info.
I too would like to see the one you built,sounds cool!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome folks! I'll get pics of my setup as soon as I can. As much as I'd like to take credit for this budget concious (sp?) rig, I cannot. I first saw this on an episode of Good Eats where Alton Brown slapped one together for roughly $50. It has the same surface area as a Weber Smokey Joe...aw hell, I'll post some pics and tell you more about it in another thread. Thanks again for the warm welcome.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky