Smokin Rib Eyes W/Qview on the Traeger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

oneshot

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2009
West of Chicago
I decided it was time to smoke some boneless rib eye steaks for dinner.
This was my first time doing a straight smoke with no grilling on rib eye steaks and was not sure how they would turn out.
I cranked up the smoker to 400 degrees and threw my doubled up moving blanket over it to conserve the heat.

Ingrediants:
2- 1 1/4 pound boneless rib eye steaks.
Cajun Injectors- Cajun Shake (to taste).
Onion wood pellets (for the Traeger smoker).
Temp. 400 degrees.
And one hungry puppy (that's me)!!!!!

Here's the Traeger smokin and covered with a doubled up moving blanket.
(I've used this for years in the coldest weather and it really works)

Here they are after 9 mins. on one side and ready to turn over for 9 mins. on the other side.

Here is one finished and plated, awaiting the fork and knife.

Cut up and ready to eat. It's rare and loaded with flavorful juices!!!!

Oooooops, none left.

OH MAN!!!!!!!!!
These steaks were fantastic!!! The flavor just jumped right into my mouth they were so good!!!! If ya haven't tried steaks this way you are really missin the boat.

Hope you enjoyed lookin.......Y'all gotta try these......
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice Steve, I could almost taste it here.
points.gif

Any time I can inspire some one it makes me happy. Thanks Steve.

Thanks you Steve for smoking that thing it looks awesome. Ron for impiring him to smoke that too. It looks very good nice and juicy and it came out just the ways we like them. When I have smoked Ribeyes they took alittle longer then yours did but the smoker wasn't at 400 either maybe I have to try it with the temp up some more. Great Job there Steve.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky