Smokin' for Charity!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used the GOSM last week to smoke the pork I'm going to use in the Brunswick stew. (See http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ead.php?t=9487 )

Next Saturday I'm going to need to fire both up. Beans in the GOSM and Babies in the CharGriller.

Yea the leaves are all over the place.

leaves_oct_20_07_008.jpg

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

Here is the hour 10 q-view. Looks like we have some plateaus. At some point this evening, I'm going to double foil them all and put them in the oven set at 210F. I will pull them when I get up in the morning.

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_0051.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

nice REAL nice............

you need to lighten up the temp views abit tho...........wow.......stall at 150 crap...........

d8de

Sorry - the flash was at the wrong angle, and I only took one shot due to unjustified overconfidence. Big butt has stalled at 132!

Regards,

Meowey

so.......then.......i take it........the bigger the butt.........the lower the stall temp..........or.........once again.........each meat has its OWN chararistics?

d8de

I don't think size has much relationship with stall temp. As you said yourself, each piece of meat is different. That is one of our joys when we set out to smoke a piece of meat, we never know if or when it might plateau.

Regards,

Meowey

Great deal Meowey. You're a good man Charlie Brown. Those things look great to me.... and you're doing it for a good cause.

Yeah Dude.. each meat is it's own animal (huh???) The stall will be different (even start at different points) on most pieces. Regardless of size

yeah but wow...........130...............that one goes inn my book.........so i won't freak if it happens to me............

another thought........i have read here where some cuts have more than one stall.............do you think with a stall this low.......you mite experience this phenom?

d8de

It's possible but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. LOL In fact i will probably sleep right through it.

Regards,

Meowey

Here is the hour 12 Q-view. I have foiled all butts and placed them in a 210F oven. I will pull them in the morning.

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_007.jpg

Regards,

Meowey

Meowy -

My hats off to you! You are such a sweet and amazingly wonderful man! There should be more like you. Do you have a brother????
icon_mrgreen.gif

Well folks.

It's now the next day. I double foiled the "quads" last evening, placed them on baking sheets in a 210F oven, and went to bed. At 4:15 this morning the cats woke me up, I smelled the wonderful aroma of smoked pork, and got up. I wrapped each butt (still foiled) in a layer of plastic wrap, and a towel and placed them in the cooler. I went back to bed. At about 7:30 I started the pulling process. They were still too hot to handle when they were first broken open. I don't know if it was the plastic wrap (first time doing this) or the long slow oven treatment, but these butts had more liquid in the packets than I have ever seen. I saved the liquid to de-fat and add back to the pork when I pack it in foodsaver bags to be frozen.

Butt with bone falling out!

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_08.jpg

Pan 'o Pork!!!

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_09.jpg

Close up! (Do you wish you had "Smell-o-Vision"?)

pork_smoke_oct_20_07_10.jpg

Man, oh man, there's nothing quite like a bit of pulled pork for breakfast!!!

More on this saga next Saturday. See you then!

Regards,

Meowey

That's Incredulous Meowey. That close up is to die for. Thanks for sharing.. you really did do good.

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky