Smoker Fired Up for some Turkey Legs & Boston Butt!!! Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

primeboi0725

Original poster
Oct 30, 2010
Hey everyone!!    Today im doing some (6) Turkey Legs and (2) 5 lb Butts.  

Its a first for the Legs.  So Hoping they will turn out.  

With the Turkey Legs I brined them over night in Water/Salt/Brown Sugar/Garlic Powder/Onion Powder/Parsley.   

8f8829d4_072.jpg

Monsters  -   Disney Style.  haha

4643c226_073.jpg

Brine

Going to pat dry and throw some rub on them shortly.  Trying to even it out to where the Butt and Legs get done around the same time.   cooking at 245-250.  Using Hickory & Apple as wood. Going to Spritz with a mix of apple cider vin and apple juice. 

And the Butts are on right now as we speak. 

With the Butts i put secret rub on left in fridge over night and let it do its thing.  Took out this morning to throw on smoker.  Heres what they looked like.

5ffa04c9_001.jpg

Heres the Turkey Legs Rubbed down and ready to go on.

e1497703_002.jpg

About 2 hrs in for Turkey Legs.  Spitz and took a quick photo.  hehe.  And the Butts have been on for about 5 hrs.  So far so good.   Internal temp for butts was at 155.   About ready to take off and foil and put back on.   In about 10 more degrees.    So far so good??

Will post final shortly.  Cant Wait!!!!!  I love this site!!!!!!!

That looks like a happy smoker. Looks great.

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir ree thats some fine looking eats you have there.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky