Smoker 911 - GOSM Air intake catching fire.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

iwannasmoke

Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
It's been awhile since I was on here last (not fun to smoke in cold...my opinion). I have a party on Sunday and I was planning on smoking the brisket tomorrow.

Only problem is that when I fired up the smoker to make sure everything was ready, I started having problems. I have a GOSM (3405gw). The air intake (I think that's what it's called) on the propane line right before the burner keeps catching on fire. I can't figure out why it keeps doing this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

I don't have a gasser but thats what I think-blow that burnner out-check your adjustments

It's back up and going...I didn't see anything clogging it up. But I dismantled it anyways and ran water through the system, let it dry, put it back together, and I'm getting a nice blue flame now and the air intake is doing its job.

Thanks for the help.

prob was just dirty but should spray with soapy water, watch for bubbles, would show a crack or a leaking fitting jus to be safe or at least just know for sure. but odds are u got it if it workin now.

Glad you got it up and running. We have a problem with dirt dobbers. The little buggers will get into any hole they can and pack it with spiders. Guess they can't smoke them. Maybe that is what they wanted you to do. Smoke them.

geob

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky