Smoked Yard Bird + Smoked Twice Baked Mashed Cauliflower

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

millerbuilds

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 13, 2013
Little Elm, TX
Decided to fire up the smoker today, but wanted to keep it simple.

Yard Bird

I broke down the bird and added some additional legs.

Simple Injection into the breasts of chicken stock

I used my low sodium rub

Smoked with a blend of black cherry and apple

Smoke temp 275

2-1/2 hours in the smoker

15 Minutes under the broiler to crisp up the skin.

Twice Baked Mashed Cauliflower

-Two heads of Cauliflower, boiled for 20 minutes, drained and let rest in a covered pan for 20 additional minutes

-Placed the Cauliflower in the food processor with 1/4 Cup Greek Yogurt, 1/3 cup graded parmesan Cheese ( grated myself, if using store bought I would cut in half), 2 cloves finely chopped garlic, 2 TBS coarse chopped parsley, 2 tsp black pepper, and a 1/2 tsp of fine sea salt.

- Blended until semi smooth (I do not like it totally smooth and whipped)

- Placed in foil pan that I had coated with Walnut oil

- Sprinkled about 4 TBS of cooked crumbled bacon, 4 Chopped Green Onions, and 1/4 cup of a 4 cheese blend

- Drizzled some Garlic infused olive oil over the top

-Smoked with the Chicken (on the rack above the chicken) for 45 Minutes

-Placed under the broiler while the chicken rested to crisp up the cheese and bacon

It all turned out great.

Of course in typical fashion, I only took pictures of the finished product....working on getting better with the picture thing :)

Smoke ON!

Thanks for the compliments!

The Cauliflower dish was a low fat, you could cut the greek yogurt and sub with sour cream and cream cheese and add more cheese for a very tasty dish.  I was going for a healthy version.

Smoke ON!

-Jason

Looks great nice job,, great color on that bird,, I will have to try the casserole sounds very good

A full smoker is a happy smoker

DS

Thanks for the compliments!

The Cauliflower dish was a low fat, you could cut the greek yogurt and sub with sour cream and cream cheese and add more cheese for a very tasty dish.  I was going for a healthy version.

Smoke ON!

-Jason
Jason very nicely done,I like this recipe better,not a yogurt fan.Thanks for sharing.

Richie

points.gif

Jason very nicely done,I like this recipe better,not a yogurt fan.Thanks for sharing.

Richie

points.gif
I have done a similar recipe and used a blend of sour cream and cream cheese....it was awesome.  I was trying to go a healthy as possible this time.

Smoke On!

-Jason

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky