Smoked Three Pig Cordon Bleu

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
It was my birthday. At my age, I don't want to celebrate birthdays anymore but it does allow for a day She Who Must Be Obeyed makes some of her best dishes and I get to fire up the pellet smoker. It gave me the chance to try something that had rattling around in the void that is my brain, Smoked Three Pig Cordon Bleu. The three pig part is a pork loin stuffed with ham and wrapped in bacon. Adding cheese to the ham filling makes it Cordon Bleu.

I started by book cutting a small pork loin. You start by cutting one third of the way from the bottom of the pork loin almost all the way through.

Turn the roast 180 degrees and cut one third of the way from the top almost all the way through.

Open both cuts and you end up with a long strip of pork roast. I seasoned both sides of the strip with Louisiana Grills Bourbon Molasses seasoning.

I covered it with a layer of thin cut ham. I used a loin ham I had made.

I covered that with thin sliced Swiss cheese.

I rolled it up and tied off both ends.

I draped the roast with sices of bacon.

I put it in the pellet smoker at 210 F.

I smoked it for about 2 hours to an internal temperature of 110 F.

I increased the heat to 400 F and cooked the roast to an internal temperature of 155 F. I took it off the grill and tented it with foil to sit for 10 minutes.

I sliced it up and we served it with SWMBO's wonderful mac and cheese and her strawberry spinach salad.

The Verdict

This was very good. The sweet seasoning with the ham and bacon gave a sweet salty taste that went well with the ham. It also looks very good.

Disco

Looks interesting and delicious. A belated happy birthday.
beercheer.gif

Those look 'marvelouse' , Disco . :drool They turned out looking , sorry , :drool , great! !!! had to wipe my slobber off , you got me hungry , .

Now I gotta raid the Reffer .

Disco,  I'm sending you a listing of a house that's for sale down the road from me,  I think you should move a bit closer so I can be tasting some of your foods and make sure they are as good as they look.    I gained something like 35 pounds so to me, that loin looks a bit sinful but nothing a few prayers wouldn't fix..  

drool.gif

Those look 'marvelouse' , Disco .
drool.gif
They turned out looking , sorry ,
drool.gif
, great! !!! had to wipe my slobber off , you got me hungry , .

Now I gotta raid the Reffer .
Har! Thanks, Justin. I suspect there are fine fixin's in your reffer.

That looks delicious!  Another great post and another great idea!  I would have eaten that whole roast by myself! POINTS!!!
Har! You are a real man if you could eat the whole roast! Thanks for the point.

Disco,  I'm sending you a listing of a house that's for sale down the road from me,  I think you should move a bit closer so I can be tasting some of your foods and make sure they are as good as they look.    I gained something like 35 pounds so to me, that loin looks a bit sinful but nothing a few prayers wouldn't fix..  

drool.gif

Well, it would take a team of horses to pull She Who Must Be Obeyed away from Passing Wind Estates. She loves the mountains. As for being sinful, I have a reputation for that.

Nice idea and good lookin' meat...My only question is, What's with the DIETER'S Special Portion?!?!?...
hit.gif
...JJ

Looks AWESOME Disco! Happy Birthday!

Scott
Thanks! It was a good meal and a good day. She Who Must Be Obeyed was even good to me.

Disco another really nice cook that looks great.

Richie

points.gif
Thanks, Richie. I appreciate the point.
Nice looking smoke!
icon14.gif
Thanks, b-one.

Nice idea and good lookin' meat...My only question is, What's with the DIETER'S Special Portion?!?!?...
hit.gif
...JJ
Thanks, JJ. You young guys wouldn't understand but when you get to my age you eat less.

Dang it Disco that sure looked yummy,,, Happy late b-day,  That plate shot is the bomb except for that green stuff you got there LOL 

points.gif

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Dang it Disco that sure looked yummy,,, Happy late b-day,  That plate shot is the bomb except for that green stuff you got there LOL 

points.gif

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Thanks for the point. Don't worry about the green stuff, it is very old smoked cheese.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky