smoked tenderloin with an apple jam rub

Discussion in 'Pork' started by shellbellc, Nov 9, 2006.

1. shellbellc

shellbellc Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I thought why not. This turned out excellent. With the relatively "quick" tenderloin cook, we got a nice carmelization of the jam. I did this before with pineapple jam on salmon and it was better than excellent on that. I'm trying to come up with a list on the manu uses of this type of "glazing"...any ideas?

2. How about a nice Honey Peach Cayenne Glaze for Cornish Hens? :twisted:

3. camp_cookie

camp_cookie Smoking Fanatic

How exactly did you cook it?

4. shellbellc

Taking me back to the way back machine [​IMG] I believe I just smoked it I would a regular tenderloin, mild dry rub, but then I used apple jelly as a glaze. I have since experimented with different jams and jellies and adding different spices and everything turns out great. Can't wait until it gets a little warmer here to really get going at it...Hubby wants to use a raspberry hot pepper jelly on something, probably a tenderloin..(Better than when he puts it on ice cream!!!) [​IMG]

5. I just pick up a jar of jalepno jelly to mix with some pineapple jelly and apple juice to glaze my ribs with. This is one heck of a combo. [​IMG]

6. shellbellc

Would love to know how it turns out...Sounds great! Flavor explosion there. [​IMG]