Smoked Sirloin in MES 40 with AMNS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swelland

Original poster
Jun 14, 2011
Champaign, IL
AMNS arrived today and I just HAD to smoke something... too close to dinner for anything long term, so I fired up the AMNS with a short load of hickory and threw a 1 1/2 in thick sirloin on for 1.25 hours at 225.  Finished of on 500 degree infrared for about a minute and a half on each side...  In 1.5 hr I got more smoke flavor than I have been able to get out of the MES in every previous attempt.  Absolutely amazed by the amount of great smoky flavor from less than 2 inches of burn on the AMNS.

(Not a great picture, but I read somewhere here that if you ain't got a picture...it did not happen! So I shot this with my iphone while fixing my plate!)

Steven
52250ea6_IMG_0583.jpg

Great Job!

RonP used to smoke his steaks and then finish them on the grill.

Todd

Looking good!!

Where's the sides???

hehehehehe

Craig

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky