Smoked Rib Eye Steaks Score W/Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ronp

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 27, 2008

I hand picked these babys at Albertsons today. $4.95 a pound.

This one is going to be dinner.

Went in at 45' and will sear on the Weber gas when it hits 115' or so.
Smoker is at 160' just to make the smoke.

Saved $18.+ dollars on the four steaks.

More to come, thanks for watching.

looking good-T bones 3.88 # here-had to get 6-sheesh I love sales and eating outta the freezer.

Sorry, I need to provide more details in the future. Thanks for the heads up.

I have so many things going tonite it's hard to keep track.

Hickory chunks. I am also doing Baby backs, pastrami, baked beans, and instant potatoe salad and will post them all tonight. I have my work cut out for me, I guess, plus chat?

About the only way to survive Bob. That was a steal, were you wearing a mask?
icon_smile.gif

All done with Instant cole slaw, and instant potatoe salad.

Yum Yum.

Thanks for watching,

Ron

Thanks they were tender and juicy. Forgot the mushrooms though.

Ron
I guess all the albertson stores are having this sale.I bought 6 of them
yesterday, all about 1 1/2 thick. I just fired up the grill with RO lump, sprinkeld some spices and erbs on dem , set them on the grates for a minute on each side then lowered the coals and let them soak up the heat for 6 more minutes and had them with FF and charred romain lettuce salad.
life is good..

Life is good, eating Rib Eyes.

Thanks Meat Man. They were Great!!!

How'd the pastrami turn out? Did you cure it yourself? Nothin' better between the rye!

looked good. only thing, i couldnt do it. i like ribeyes bleeding rare.

brisket is one thing but my steaks i got to do them fire hot and fast to sear in that blood. guess im a werewolf on the steak cuts.
PDT_Armataz_01_04.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

WORD BROTHA. I like to chase my steaks around on the plate!
cool.gif

Looks fantastic Ron. I'm going to try this as I've always wondered about throwing some ribeyes or NY's on the smoker. That sounds like a good plan.

Turned out great will post the finish.

Thanks, Carol would puke, lol.

Thanks.

I wish, thanks.
Works good at low temps.

Thanks for watching.

Sounds good ron. The plan for this afternoons dinner is steaks and loaded bakers. I think I'll try this on the steaks. A bit of smoke and then a nice sear sounds perfecto. Yours looks great, Thanks again for the motivation. lol
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Man the steaks looked so good, I changed the menu today, and went with ribeye's smoked for about 45 min, in hickory, and then on the grill to finish up.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

My first post here as well....lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky