Smoked Chuck Roast on my new MES

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

paaco1981

Original poster
Feb 8, 2014
Just got my new MES last week and decided to throw a cheaper piece of meat on there just to try it out. Came out better than I ever could have hoped for, thought I would share and maybe get some suggestions and tips as well if anyone has any. I'm pretty new to this.

Smoked at 225-250 until my thermometer read 165. Used 75% Mesquite and 25% Hickory wood chips. Used a simple rub of salt, black pepper, and some grill mates smokehouse maple. At 165 I pulled it out, wrapped and dumped a mixture of a couple tablespoons of butter mixed with some brown sugar on top. Back in wrapped in foil to 195. Pulled out, cut into cubes, in a pan, threw a little bbq sauce on top and put it in for about another hour between 300-375. ( Gradually raised heat ) They came out a lot more tasty than I would have imagined a chuck roast would. A lot of that was thanks to reading through these forums to get ideas. Hope you guys enjoy the view. Sorry it's not the best pic, I took it with my phone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky