Smoked Chicken Breasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thestealth

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 28, 2009
KC Metro, Kansas
For dinner tonight, I smoked some chicken breasts, ABT's and green beans.

Just the basics, marinated chicken, cream cheese jalapeno's, beans...all with bacon of course.

...before

...after

...notice the beans didn't make the after shot...they looked good, but I should have blanched them first...they_were_not_good.
redface.gif

edit: I don't think the expense of time and coals were worth it. I could have done the same thing on the grill in about half the time. Oh well, live and learn. :)

Just as a side note...here are some ABT's I made Monday.

I turned around for a few minutes and they were almost gone, so no after shot.
icon_cool.gif

Hey stealth, no worries on the beans in the smoke...now you know. Your chicken and ABT's looked real good, I liked the way the bacon tightened up on your chicken and gave it a really professional look. Nice work!

Were those beans from your garden?

Yeah, they were from the garden. It's about the end of the season for us. We're about tired of picking, snapping and canning beans.
biggrin.gif

I'm all about the qview...you know, pics or it didn't happen.
icon_cool.gif

Were the breast and ABTs not that noticeably different from grilled?
Sure you can do the same meat in half the time on a grill but then again you have to think about the addition of smoke which equals flavor.
I used to use a lot more coals than I should have when smoking. Recently I have learned and refined my smoke to a chimney of coals to start with and then mostly all wood the rest of the time and only adding coals if I needed a boos in heat.
Please don't give up on the smoke even though it takes a bit longer, I beg of you to stick with the TBS and just try to work out the kinks
icon_smile.gif

Yeah, everything tasted great, the breasts were nice and juicy. No problems there. I just think some meats need to be seared a little, maybe it's the carbon flavor I like or something. The ABT's on the other hand...they are much more tasty coming off the smoker than the grill. 6 of one, half dozen of the other I suppose.

Oh no, I'm not about to give up on the smoke. Everything else I've smoked has been awesome, fattys, ribs, brisket, hamburgers, whole chickens, pies...no complaints at all. Chicken Breasts (boneless/skinless), the effort to reward ratio was just not worth it.
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky