Smoked Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adamharvey

Original poster
Jul 10, 2010
Hi everyone,

Have just defrosted 2 pieces of brisket and have never cooked it before! I understand that you have to cook it for some time (both pieces are about 2-3 lbs each). I have a Outback Bakehouse bbq and would like to know how to keep the temp constant using lumpwood charcoal? Also any other guidlines on how to marinate would be of help.

Adam, if you look at the stickies above in the beef section it will give you some great advice on temps to cook with.  Since your briskets are a bit smaller, they shouldn't take as long.  I generally coat mine with mustard (it will cook off and not effect the flavor) and then rub it generously with whatever I have.  Place it in a hot smoker around 225-235 degrees and I pull it once it reaches 190-195 internal temp. 

Some people wrap theirs after it hits 150, but I like mine with some good bark. 

Just try it and you wont be dissapointed.

Good luck

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky