Smoked BonelessTurkey Breast

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by scotty's bbq, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I would like to smoke a boneless turkey breast...has anyone tried one? I've done chicken pieces, whole chickens, & whole turkeys, but not boneless. What have your experiences been like?

Thanks!!

2. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Love them. Only way to do white meat. Since it is just the wife and I, this is perfect for Thanksgivings. About 45 minutes a lb. Or go off the digital temps. Just spice it up and put some hickory wood on the fire and let it go.

3. That works. Try any spice,

I watch the temps. [​IMG]

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

I still like to brine the breast for a few hours and inject it with butter garlic, onion and canjun spice ... mmmm hmmmm!

I save the big containers from cheeseballs and use it for my poultry brines.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Poultry.htm

5. I brine all fowl, and fish. The rest I season and smoke!

6. jts70

jts70 Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Brine it! Brine it! Brine it! Brine it! Oh did I mention brine it!

7. teacup13

teacup13 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

i think he forgot to mention that you should brine it.....lol

brine it,rub it or you could wrap in bacon it you wish as well..

8. I brine all poultry too...how long do you brine a boneless turkey breast? 4-6 hours or longer??

9. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

I have never brined any of the turkey breast we have done. Just didn't seem to need it. Always moist and juicy. Could it be better brined, possibly. But if you marinaded it, why bother? I always worried about getting rid of the excess salt. I don't need any of that in my diet nowadays.