SMOKED BISON & PEACH STUFFED MUSHROOM CAPS!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
Seacoast of New Hampshire
Happy Sunday Great Cookies Of The Smoke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A kind soul did gift me some peaches from his yard, and so I sliced those up, with shallots, fresh tarragon, and chopped bison steak...

Then I mixed Dijon mustard and herbs de Provence into it...

Stuffed that mixture into white mushroom caps...

mopped them in grapeseed oil and then placed them in a perforated grill pan...

and took the remainder of the bison steak and sliced peaches, and also the remaining "stuffing batter" and smoked it all!

And meanwhile grilled little "graffiti" eggplants... (and steamed artichokes all this time too but forgot to photograph that)...

On the tiny gas smoker, with pistachio shells as chips, I smoked the mushrooms on the lower rack and remaining goods on the upper, for 20 minutes at about 240.

And I meanwhile took the mushroom stems, (as nothing is wasted in my house food wise), and marinated those with some heirloom tomato and dehydrated garlic and black pepper, apple cider vinegar and olive oil and red sea salt. DELICIOUS!

The smoked goods came off and smelled incredibly and had a great little crust on them and it was so beautiful!

So I plated it all and did pair it with a lovely Penfold's quick pick Cab-Shiraz blend that was still terrific and so dark and delicious in color, as so many of those young and luscious Aussie wines are!

And this was all a tremendous combo and really fun!

The extra stuffing that got smoked, and the SOFT eggplant, were my favorite parts!

The wine was so syrupy and deep, dark, and delectable!

Thanks for sharing in my Sunday dinner!

Happy wrap up of the weekend and here's to the best week so far!

Cheers! - Leah

All I can say is WOW Leah ! What an awesome dinner, I love bison ! I really enjoyed your post with the stuffed mushrooms, eggplant, artichokes & everything just looks so tasty ! Have a great Sunday ! :beercheer:

I love the look of that.Great to use seasonal fruit like peaches. Its all apples,pears & oranges here at the moment.

No bison here .I do remember driving past a paddock of what I  think were elk in the south Island of NZ! I stuck a link in Case's poultry thread to the fjord country of the South Island.

Great looking meal as usual.

Cab/shiraz is a bit of a home grown Aussie wine.I don't think the French combine the 2. Bear in mind the Penfolds Grange thats stupid $ is shiraz with a splash of cab. Why the Penfolds 389 cab/shiraz is often called the poor mans Grange. Still not cheap. 

389 the bus number that takes you from the CBD to Bondi Beach .

Thanks Mick!

Yes, the 389 is 70 bucks here in New Hampshire, whereas the Grange is $750 here, and then a bevy of quick "Bin" picks of theirs from 20 to 30 or 40. Fantastic color!

Now I'll think of bus lines and beaches and just beautiful things from the land down under! (If I am not drinking white Burgundy, I am drinking a dark and inky Aussie red these days and loving it)!

Thankfully too, those wines seem to love me and I don't get a reaction, and so you've got some purely made wines, and that is such a rarity today amid the masses here! I am so grateful!

In any event, here's to one incredible new week!!! Make it amazing!!!!!!!! (Simple sea urchin spaghetti over here today, but I adore that as well).

Cheers! - Leah

If I get a chance I will showcase our sea urchin roe.It comes from way off the North Island of NZ.
I find Penfolds reliable to a fault. If you see their Hylands Shiraz it's a nice example of Shiraz. I don't spend $70 on a bottle of wine. That's 5 bottles of Cape Jaffa or Mount Monster!

Yes, I'd take the FIVE Cape Jaffa flasks any day!!

And I would love to see your uni, as I find it delicious and one of the simplest and yet most succulent little treasures on earth and just so fabulous when tossed into spaghetti!

FINDING sea urchin roe here is not so easy and so I don't get to swirl and twirl with my simple pasta preference as often as I would like.

In any event, here's to good things!!!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Well thank you so much Pighog! I am delighted that you liked these and your remarks did make my day!

And that's one helluva photo you've got there for your profile/avatar! What are they and what do they weigh? That's just amazing!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah

Well thank you so much 5oclocksomewhere! My meals are very simple, but still healthful and exotic in some little way. I'm thrilled you enjoyed it!!! So kind!!!

Happy wonderful new week!!!!! Cheers! - Leah

Well thank you so much Pighog! I am delighted that you liked these and your remarks did make my day!

And that's one helluva photo you've got there for your profile/avatar! What are they and what do they weigh? That's just amazing!!!!!!!!!

Cheers! - Leah
They are elk. They each dressed out at 400lbs. Thank you very much!!

Thank you tons and tons!!!! Elk isn't easily found here either, so when I get a rack, I'm just in a heavenly state!!! Grilled and yet still raw in the middle is my favorite!

Those hanging treasures are something else!!! So incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes Mick, that meat is right up your alley!!! Cheers! - Leah

Thank you tons and tons!!!! Elk isn't easily found here either, so when I get a rack, I'm just in a heavenly state!!! Grilled and yet still raw in the middle is my favorite!

Those hanging treasures are something else!!! So incredible!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes Mick, that meat is right up your alley!!! Cheers! - Leah
Thank you Leah!! You have an amazing day! Look forward to many more pictures of your dishes!

Just found this!!!

Awesome as usual, Leah!!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Beautiful presentation too!!
drool.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky