Smoked Beef Short Ribs

Discussion in 'Beef' started by peculiarmike, Feb 10, 2008.

1. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Smoked some beef short ribs I picked up on sale. First time for these. I sprinkled on a bit of Cowtown Sweet Spot rub and smoked them on the GOSM at 250°F for 3 hours with hickory. Basted them with Head Country Sauce after pulling them off the smoker. These are good eats!
    First pic is the ribs just off the smoker, second is the ribs basted with Head Country Sauce, third is the ribs ready to serve.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lawdog

lawdog Smoking Fanatic

man sure are some good looking beef ribs, makin me hungry all over again

Lawdog

3. Great lookin ribs!I agree with Lawdog,it's making me hungry.[​IMG]

4. cman95

cman95 Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Looks good enough to eat!!![​IMG]

5. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Mike do you think that shorts, spares and backs are all from the same cut, just trimmed diferently? I get that impression from my butcher and it might account for the different names I see pasted on the same looking cuts of beef over time.

6. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

They look mighty tasty.

7. smokeys my pet

smokeys my pet Master of the Pit OTBS Member

They sure do look nice Mike. Have not tried beef ribs as of yet. So many things to try and sooooo little time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. crewdawg52

crewdawg52 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Ya done good Pilgrim. Now you have me thinkin of smokin some baby Dinos. Problem is, it's 5* outside with a windchill of -15, and more snow showers headed thisa way. Oh what the he!!, It'll be a challenge!

9. peculiarmike

10. flash

flash Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Yes, you would think that, but I see Short Ribs, spare ribs, beef backed ribs all the time and they are ALL beef.
    Will check out the link, thanks

11. peculiarmike

I suppose that is just one of those regional differences. Having lived various places I know each move required a bit of getting used to the things we were used to being sometimes called other things. [​IMG]