Smoked and Stuffed Pork Chops

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bearswoodshop

Fire Starter
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 31, 2005
Central Indiana
The wife came home with 6- 1" thick no bone pork chops yesterday, at a cost of about 20 bucks. Being the risk taker, I decided to, first smoke them with apple wood, and at the end some msqt wood. I first made the pocket cuts from the non fat side, and smoked at 225 to 250 to an internal of about 160. While they were smoking, I sauted some bacon, mushrooms, WELL, I won't bore you with the details, (unless you want) and they came out way better than expected. Before picture is after smoking and stuffed ready to go into the oven, and, well, after pic of the finished product. If interested, I will post the whole recipe. BEAR

Hey Bear,
Again, it looks like you have produced some fantastic chow! The only thing I see wrong with it is that I am too far away from it. Thanks for the post and I'd certainly like to see the full recipes.

Thanks Florida Bill, I would post some more pictures from last night, but empty plates are all that is left. The stuffing was made by first cooking chopped up bacon, while cooking add some season all, chopped garlic (fresh) Tony Chachere's creole season, cayenne (to taste) some paprika for color and fresh mushrooms. Drain well and allow to cool before adding cheese (mozzarella) and stove top stuffing (pork) , then stuff chops and stand them up while cooking in 350 deg. oven, about 45 min. or until done, but not dried out. I wanted to try brown rise, but all we had was some stuffing, and it turned out to be a success. BEAR
:roll: I forgot to mention, I used Tony Chachere's season and BBQ jerky season on the chops before smoking.

WOW bear! Sounds great and looks even better. Standing the chops up to hold the stuffing is a clever idea. I've grilled stuffed pork chops, now I'll have to give your way a try. 8)

Looking good Brother Bear and thanks for sharing the recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky