Smoked a fatty ...lol

Discussion in 'Pork' started by sirsmokesalot1, Jun 7, 2011.

1. I smoked my first fatty, shrooms, and butt this weekend !!!!! All turned out pretty well.  I did have some trouble with the fatty.  In an attempt to not BECOME a fatty I wrapped it in turkey bacon which just isnt long enough to go all the way around.  I'm to scared to even try the weave at this point.  Sent all meat to the icechest so I could brine for a while.  Unwrapped and took pics for qview... please be gentle..I know thats one ugly fatty . it was my first time !!!

ps... I gave Jeff's bbq sauce a try and I think I fell in love  [​IMG].

I've since been CRAVING it and putting it on just about everything ...EXCELLENT!!  [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]!!!!!!!!!!

2. Hey?? Where did all my descriptions go ???? Dang !!!!

By the way...sirsmokesalot1 is female. (just to explain the altering of fat content/calories in the fixins')

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Everything looks great!

4. Thanks Al !

5. sqwib

sqwib Smoking Guru OTBS Member

[​IMG]

6. sqwib

Looks great

7. sqwib

DP Sorry

8. sqwib

Tried to edit my post 3 times I GIVE UP!!!!!!!

9. Thanks SQWIB.... a two thumbs up !!!! WOW... I feel so special !

10. I'll bet it all tasted damn good.

11. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Looks geat from here

There is no such thing as an ugly fattie, Some just have more character than others [​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Thanks Scott and Raptor !!! I guess mine did have some 'character'... it was all pretty good eats for sure !!!

13. I'll eat it!!!!!!!

Good job!!!!!

14. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now that is some fine looking Q you have there little missy.

15. rc1991

rc1991 Smoke Blower

Looks good to me! I still need to try a fattie - the bacon on yours looks great - nice and crisp![​IMG]

16. Thanks Burgi, mballi3011 and rc1991.  That bacon is turkey bacon.  I've been using it on lots of things to reduce the fat.  My husband actually loves it now too !!! It does crisp great ... even on ABT's !!!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2011