Smoke generator...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

etcher1

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Fayetteville Arkansas
Here's a trial version of a smoke generator out stock plumbing parts.
It ran for about 2 hrs. Problem was the wood chip kept bridging and had to tap on it about every 20 minutes.
Materials:
2-2 x Clos nipple
1-2 x 6 nipple
1-2 x 1/2 tee
1-2 x 3/4 tee
1-2 cap
Expanded metal mesh welded in bottom nipple'

After messing with it for a while, figured out I didn't need the 2 x 1/2 tee at the bottom.
Now I am going to make one with 3" pipe without fittings so it won't bridge and runs longer. I'll post some pics later.
If anyone has pics and suggestions it would greatly be appreciated.

Etcher,
Looks like you're off to a good start and that looks like I fine generator... I say this because for me, the first build is usually just the beginning!

If you do a little searching, you'll find where others have attached an aquarium pump to theirs. I built on that is basically the same concept as your's, only I used square tubing.

At some point, I am going to hook up a pump to mine.

Hell Fire Grill,
I did a search and must of missed it.
That's pretty cool.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Is that 3" pipe and about how long is it?
icon_question.gif

Do you use dry or soaked wood chips?
icon_question.gif

Thanks that a great link.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky