SMF tag team for graduation party QView(Update)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinstevo27

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Andrew82 and myself are smoking up a feast for our buddy's graduation party tomorrow! I'm doing some smoked chicken salad sandwches and Andrew82 is going to do pulled pork. I've got the chickens going now and it smells incredible outside. They are both right around five pounds so we'll see how much useable meat they yield. I'm smoking the chickens with a cherry/apple wood blend. If you have never done smoked chicken salad I higly reccomend you try it. I've perfected my recipe and have done it for several events including my wedding. Just pick your favorite CS recipe and smoke up some whole chickens. Here is the start, more to come later.

Steve

4683e0fe_naked.jpg

5484c1ba_rubbed.jpg

69a7370b_nicelilpair.jpg

f4822f80_onthesmoke.jpg

93e53e89_IMG_03871.jpg

cda7338e_IMG_03881.jpg

We're gettin there! They are both around 145 deg in the thigh. I'll take them off at 165.

Last edited:
Looks good Steve - I like to add some smoked walnuts chopped up with some dried cranberries in mine. What is in yours? 

Thanks Craig! It'll be lookin better later on.

Looking good!!

Craig

Gary, I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you haha. No, I do mayo, dijon mustard, fresh squeezed lemon, green onion, celery, a few dashes of hot sauce (Texas Pete like I sent you) and assorted spices. This stuff is unbelievable.

Looks good Steve - I like to add some smoked walnuts chopped up with some dried cranberries in mine. What is in yours? 

Well here we go. These chickens had huge breasts
th_roflmao.gif
 so I got plenty of meat. I think there will be roughly 20-25 people at the party tomorrow. I'm going to get some type of bread and make little finger sandwiches. I'll put up some pics of the party and I think Andrew82 is going to make a post with the butts that he is smoking. Thanks for lookin!

fdb9274a_IMG_03891.jpg

6de19110_IMG_03931.jpg

876883b1_IMG_03961.jpg

5b9d025b_IMG_03981.jpg

da6de53f_IMG_04001.jpg

Theres a close up for Bear!

Thanks Craig, I've been lovin your posts here recently! Its in the fridge now so once all of those flavors have a chance to meld together its going to be killer. I'm spoiled by this chicken salad. I can't buy or order other chicken salad anywhere now. My wife thinks we should sell it haha.

Steve

MMMMMM tasty!!!

Craig

Thank you Al. Have you got a recipe I should try?

I really don't use a recipe, just basic stuff. Mayo, onion, celery, s&p. Sometimes a little dill, maybe a pickle. I think just about any recipe would taste great, because it's the smoked chicken that makes it taste so good.

Yeah you can really play around with CS. The smoked chicken does make it superior to regular CS. Im glad I found this hobby and this site!

I really don't use a recipe, just basic stuff. Mayo, onion, celery, s&p. Sometimes a little dill, maybe a pickle. I think just about any recipe would taste great, because it's the smoked chicken that makes it taste so good.

Thanks Roller, this one is always a touchdown plus a two point conversion.
first.gif

Great looking chickens...Looks like that one scored a touchdown....
biggrin.gif

Two of the three are plesant to look at for sure. Nice job with the food.  I sent you an email a few min ago

HAHA, me and me? Thank you my friend! I'll check that email soon.

Two of the three are plesant to look at for sure. Nice job with the food.  I sent you an email a few min ago

Thanks Al! We had a great time and I appreciate all your comments buddy!

Looks like a good time. Nice looking family Steve!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky