site trying to dowload files???????????

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by chefrob, Mar 2, 2011.

1. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    when i first come to the main page i get a pop up saying "IE stopped this site from trying to download files to my computer".

what is going on?????????

2. I'm getting the same message.

3. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Sounds like Spyware...

4. bamaboy

bamaboy Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Yep me too,lot a mess going on with site...

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

They must of fixed it cause everything is ok here. Although I'm using Chrome.

6. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Having no issues at all.

Craig

7. tjohnson

tjohnson Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Insider OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Most Spyware goes after IE users.  Foxfire and Chrome users seems to not be affected.

I switched to IE because I was having issues posting with Foxfire.  I immediately received Popups and the download issues you guys are reporting.

Switched back to Foxfire and no more issues.  Also, Foxfire just came out with an update!

Todd

8. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

No problems here with Firefox.

9. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

No problem here now... Firefox

10. jakerz66

jakerz66 Smoke Blower

Nothing here

11. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

I am not sure what is causing the popups but anytime this has ever happened in the past, we have always ended up figuring out that it's perfectly legitimate stuff identified incorrectly by a certain browser. You shouldn't ever have to be concerned with spyware at SMF.. we have scruples you know[​IMG]

I will report this just in case it has not been reported yet.

12. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Just an update..

The source of this problem has been found and it is being corrected at this time.. I don't have any further details than that. It should be all better very soon[​IMG]

13. chefrob

chefrob Master of the Pit OTBS Member

az
    thx jeff.............