site trying to dowload files???????????

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chefrob

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 13, 2009
az
when i first come to the main page i get a pop up saying "IE stopped this site from trying to download files to my computer".

what is going on?????????

Most Spyware goes after IE users.  Foxfire and Chrome users seems to not be affected.

I switched to IE because I was having issues posting with Foxfire.  I immediately received Popups and the download issues you guys are reporting.

Switched back to Foxfire and no more issues.  Also, Foxfire just came out with an update!

Todd

I am not sure what is causing the popups but anytime this has ever happened in the past, we have always ended up figuring out that it's perfectly legitimate stuff identified incorrectly by a certain browser. You shouldn't ever have to be concerned with spyware at SMF.. we have scruples you know
icon_wink.gif

I will report this just in case it has not been reported yet.

Just an update..

The source of this problem has been found and it is being corrected at this time.. I don't have any further details than that. It should be all better very soon
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky