Shrimp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Again...before the "BIG CRASH" I made a smoked shrimp parmesan. Real basic but full of flavor. Started by sprinkling some shrimp with a little garlic, salt and pepper. Into the smoke for approx 20 min. Just long enough to take on a smoke flavor.

I then covered with a basic spag sauce, three different kinds of cheese and topped with fresh parsley.

And then back into the smoke until cheese melted, gooey and bubbly.

Simple yet deeelicious!!

Will do thanx. I will probably try it 1st with the shell on a few different ways. Any preference on temp and time?

keep the shells on because they help keep the shrimp moist. butterfly (through the shells), soak in your favorite marinade, then Smoke with the vents closed almost all the way (again for moisture reasons). When they start to open up and they take on the pink color you know they are done. As far as Temps are concerned, I go as high as I can with my temps on my MES usually about 270 or so. it usually takes me about 40 minutes to 1 hour depending on size and quantity. I use the same utensil I use for my smoked corn off the cob recipe located in the vegetable section.

Some day I'll post my recipe with pics.

Thats it dingle I'm running for the shrimp in the frig. that looks abosulutely awsome way to smoke shrimp. We have an in on shrimp since my neighbor has a shrimp boat so there're really fresh. We smoke them all the time mostly just wrapped in bacon. I smoke them with shells on (like desertfox said) with a good spicy marinade and high temp with hickory or mesquite a good heavy smoke. give it a try.

Season the shrimp w/ a lil cayanne and CBP and use them to make ABTs.
Use the half pepper method and stuff half pepper w/ cream cheese lay on a shrimp . wrap w/ bacon and smoke.

Nice idea, looks real good.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Definetly do that recipe for shrimp I have tried them and it's fantastic.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky