Shrimp & Scallops w/Lemony Soy Marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dang it man that looks great, Nice job. 

What temp and how long did they go for?? any Marinade or something special on them??

A full smoker is a happy smoker 

DS

Sorry - kind of a newbie at positing

In full disclosure, i adapted this from a recipe I found on the Food & Wine website.

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 cups low­sodium soy sauce

1 cup mirin

1 cup sake

2 lemons, very thinly sliced

2 jalapeños, very thinly sliced

1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined

1 pound large sea scallops 

1. In a glass or ceramic baking dish,combine the soy sauce with the mirin, sake, lemon slices and jalapeños.

2. Thread the shrimp onto 8 pairs of bamboo skewers and add them to the marinade, turning to coat. Repeat with the scallops.  Refrigerate the seafood for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through, then drain.

3. Brush the shrimp and scallops with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Serve right away.  Grill temp set at 350 deg F.

Hope this helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky