Shoulder Picnic...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

seaham358

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Aug 18, 2007
Hyde Park, NY
Off to a LATE start today on my smoke..
icon_evil.gif

Went to the In-laws for FD and then the Store
icon_rolleyes.gif

The only saving grace is that it's a small Picnic.. After the Fat was trimmed it's probably 3lbs or a little over.
I'm gonna try and keep the temps up around 240-250

Rubbed with OO and then a mix of Emeralds and Jeff's rub made with Turbinado.

Ok I have no apple juice so I'm using Capt Morgan and Sprite :)

The grill was kind so empty so I tossed on some home made dogs from my friends shop and a couple taters..

About 1hour 50 min in

Smoker hard at work

Too early to tell on the Sprite.. Still COOOOOOOOOOOOOOking..

Dogs and Taters are done.. Taters came out great... Rubbed in OO and coated with Kosher salt and Course Pepper..

Ya, my silver Smoker just got her spring cleaning and new coat of heat paint.
So she is ready for a Long Summer of smoking
biggrin.gif

Seboke, I pulled it.

Man what a time I had with this little Picnic.
I'm never smoking another small Picnic again, If its gonna take the same time as a larger piece of meat I want lots of meat when I'm done.

I pulled at 12am and wrapped till 1245 and pulled.. It had some nice bark and it was super moist.
I'll post pics later..

Ok home from work and I can post the finished pics now

After the pic I poured on the juices from the foil and then put in the frig to tonights dinner.

Its real good, I used a finishing sauce that I made for that vinegar flavor I like on my pulled pork.

Looks Great! I hear ya on not doin the little hunks again! I like a lot of yield out of the big-time effort!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky