Shelf Material

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

silverhawx

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Colorado Springs
I have a NB SFB. The front boards are warped and need to be replaced. I was thinking about using a piece of Trex ( Non - wood ) decking material. Has anyone used this material before? Would it get to hot and warp?

Thoughts??

Thanks

As long as the decking material was not too close to the firebox, I don't think there would be a problem.  The temps around the cook chamber aren't so hot that they will melt/warp.  Just keep about at least a 1 inch space between the cook chamber and the deck material.  I assume this is left over / free material; if so, then no great loss if it does fail, right?

Not free material that's why I was asking. I don't want to buy a $20 board if it's going to warp. Maybe I can find a free piece.

Thanks, Mike

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky