She said yes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

garyt

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
My wife said okay to buy a Lang Mobile 48 deluxe I was waiting till we sold a piece of property, a few days later she asked me if I ordered it yet, how long do you think it took me to make the call
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
icon_smile.gif
:icon_smil e:

Two weeks can be a very long time to wait

I'd guess about a nano second to make that call. Don't suppose you could now convince Her that you ordered a Lang 84 by mistake could you.
biggrin.gif

I bet that is going to feel like the longest 2 weeks of your life.

Gary, right now YOU ARE THE MAN!

Congratulations, and happy smokes to you, buddy. I would be tempted to try GnuBee's plot
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

You are definetly The Man. I think I would fine someplace I could pay for one and leave with it. I don't do waiting very well.

Thanks everyone but it should be more like "She is the wife" she didn't care what size I bought, but after reading the posts here in a thread by brickeldred and a couple of PM'S to him I knew what size I needed, I called Ben and asked if he had any and he said no but they were making some patio models for stock, he went and stopped production and started making mine, I placed my order and thought I was done and then Ben said no we have to talk several more times before it is delivered and told me to call back in 4 days to check on things to see how it was coming along, try getting that kind of service anywhere else. By the way I live in the middle of Wisconsin, I have never seen a lang in person but I want the best this time and I think I am getting it

Congrats your really gonna like the Lang

I would have, but there is only one place to get one and from here it is 2700 miles round trip

I wonder what he'd charge you to add a grill to the front.

IMHO, the woodbox is essential, but there are more times than I ever dreamed where I wanted a grill as well - like when you are running out of food on a job and just need to burn some brats or burgers.

I am waiting for a call back to see if Ben can make me a 108 D with grill AND woodbox.

once you get it, call out and we will help you - lots of Lang-ers here (glad his name isn't Swing).
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Yeah I don't really need a 60 or 84 for my needs but I think this is the last one I need (want) so I got the deluxe with everything he could do to it I couldn't justify $600 more for about a foot longer. with the new design they are bigger anyway

I'm jealous of both your wife telling you to order it and you getting it.

Make sure to post pics of the new arrival.

Congrads man that is awesome!!! I think am going to have to wait till the spring unless my wife changes her mind. I can not talk her into it right now... Am happy for you..

My thoughts exactly MB....there is no way i could wait that long! from jersey i would definately make the drive to georgia....wisconson is a bit far for the drive
PDT_Armataz_01_03.gif
Congrats garyt

GaryT,

I hear you, but remember, it is not just a foot longer, it is considerably larger in diameter. Length is important, but girth is where it's at - at least that what I tell my wife.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky