Second smoke, first fattie. (if you ever again see me in Famous Dave's, i have been kidnapped!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

john-z

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 28, 2010
Northern Minnesota
I was amazed when i read about the fattie, and could not wait to try them out. I did not use any real recipe, just some stuff i bought after reading what other folks have done. The first pic shows them ready for smoke, along with what must be one of my favorites, boneless spare ribs. The second pic those them after sampling 4 hours at 225 later. I can already feel the pressure building up in my arteries from this stuff!!! I would write more now, but i have to go for a walk so i will be hungry when the ribs are done in a couple hours.

Hope your smokin',

John

cefc1b24_IMG_0069%5B1%5D.jpg
bada8c3d_IMG_0067%5B1%5D.jpg

They look great
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

That looks great. Did you use thick cut bacon? IF you did try thin. Works a little better IMO for fatties

bmudd, yep, it was thick cut bacon. And i think i already agree with you on using thin cut. For sure that is what i will use on my next batch.

cool.gif

First off I think your fatties look fabulous and I think that they are like a welcoming present. I think most folks have never heard of them before they got here. Now yours do look great so enjoy and Happy Smoking.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky