Second prime rib in the works

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mudinchev

Original poster
Dec 13, 2009
Woodland Wa
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/86265/first-ever-prime-rib#post_409493

Here is the link from a couple of months ago I am taking lot of pictures this time.

b81d3acb_126_2675.jpg

I am still trying to figure out the posting in this site so bare with me if something looks wrong.  This time it spent 48 hrs with the seasoning on it and i rubbed it down with EVOO first (not sure what difference it will make but it sounded good)
2a19be43_126_2677.jpg

Decided to try some potatoes with a sea salt/spicy seasoning rub along with it this time and I also have 2 cans of apple juice to help add a little extra steam, loaded up with some chunks and a few chips.......ready to go!!
2a4ee286_126_2678.jpg
36ac3619_126_2680.jpg
fe765700_126_2681.jpg
c99c772c_126_2679.jpg

Last edited:
Well, its done a little sooner than I had planned only took 3 hrs to hit 140 with a cooking temp of 220 so I am having to finish off the spuds in the oven hopefully they will be done by the time rib is done resting.

cool.gif

Now your rib looks really yummy. I see you have takin your roast to 140° is that because you want it med. rare in the center.???? Now it will be really good I just know it. You can leave the rib in the cooler for awhile if you pack the cooler really full of towels.

Ok here are the results:

Rib.......mmmmmmmm Taters.......well, I prefer to throw them on the grill while I am cooking something else that takes about an hour, there was a bit too much smoke on them for me, actually the meat could have used a little less smoke as well but still.........WOW.  What a way to finish off a Fathers day!!
2e9f61dc_126_2682.jpg

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky