Second prime rib in the works

Discussion in 'Beef' started by mudinchev, Jun 20, 2010.

1. I am still trying to figure out the posting in this site so bare with me if something looks wrong.  This time it spent 48 hrs with the seasoning on it and i rubbed it down with EVOO first (not sure what difference it will make but it sounded good)[​IMG]

2. Decided to try some potatoes with a sea salt/spicy seasoning rub along with it this time and I also have 2 cans of apple juice to help add a little extra steam, loaded up with some chunks and a few chips.......ready to go!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  3. Well, its done a little sooner than I had planned only took 3 hrs to hit 140 with a cooking temp of 220 so I am having to finish off the spuds in the oven hopefully they will be done by the time rib is done resting.

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Now your rib looks really yummy. I see you have takin your roast to 140° is that because you want it med. rare in the center.???? Now it will be really good I just know it. You can leave the rib in the cooler for awhile if you pack the cooler really full of towels.

5. The roast looks great! Nice job!

Enjoy!

6. tnbarbq

tnbarbq Fire Starter

Where are the finished pics??!!  I love smoked prime rib.  Looks very tasty!

7. Ok here are the results:

Rib.......mmmmmmmm Taters.......well, I prefer to throw them on the grill while I am cooking something else that takes about an hour, there was a bit too much smoke on them for me, actually the meat could have used a little less smoke as well but still.........WOW.  What a way to finish off a Fathers day!! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 20, 2010
  8. roller

roller Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

It look great...I really want to do one...

9. porked

porked Smoking Fanatic

That looks great! Nice job.