Seasoning a new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Yeah......I started with charcoal and added a good sized piece of hickory to get a good base of hot coals. Right before I put the meat on I added a small piece of hicory and later on in the smoke i added another small piece and a little bit of charcoal to keep my temp. up. Seemed to work pretty good. I used briquettes jsut because that is what I had on hand. When I finish off the charcoal I have I am going to get some lump charcoal. The briquettes don't last that long and make a mess. I really liked using the wood. You get alot better burn time from it. I'm learning.

fisher

I have the Oklahoma highland smoker putting it together I sealed the firebox and then when I put the fire box to the cooking chamber I sealed it to. With high temp. Sealant. All I have left is to seal the doors. Then season it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky