Sealing rear of Char-griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

howufiga

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
Does anyone have any pics of sealing the rear of a CGSP? I've seen pictures if people sealing the front and sides, but not the rear. I like the way NCDODAVE sealed his with the rope in the chargriller sticky! I am planning on going this route. Any pics would be appreciated! thanks!

I don't have any pictures (and won't because it looks hillbilly), but I just make a aluminum foil rope the lenth of the lid. Place it on the gap in the back when it's open. Closing the lid mashes the rope and creates the seal. Low tech, but effective.

That does sound easy. does the foil stay there when opening and closing? How often do you replace it?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky