Saw a new toy

Discussion in 'Grilling Tips' started by greazy, Nov 23, 2007.

1. greazy

greazy Fire Starter

Saw a stainless steel griddle to be placed on the grill. Had grease drain, looked well made. $49. Anyone tried one?

2. gofish

gofish Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I havent used stainless as a griddle, but love my cast iron griddle. No hot spots, it evenly distributes and holds heat great, pre-seasoned, easy maintance etc. Got mine from Cabelas for a $39. It's double sided, one w/ ridges for grilling, and a flat side with grease catch.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...116&hasJS=true

3. greazy

greazy Fire Starter

I expect cast would be better....should have other applications also. Thanx.

4. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Greasy -

Camp Chef has some really nice cast iron griddles!

5. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have the same griddle as GoFish. Will not part with it and looking to buy another!

Once properly seasoned and all it is a snap to clean. And, as mentioned, heat is uniform.

Stainless will always have hot spots and given the wrong circumstance, can be a bear to clean properly. Stick with what works! Cast Iron works for me!

Cheers!

6. walking dude

walking dude Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

so does lodge.............

d88de

7. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Darn you greasy! Now I went and bought their new sausage hanger upper thingy for our smoker! [​IMG]

8. wavector

wavector Smoking Fanatic

Cast Iron here too. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Well, maybe a Griswold.

9. minn.bill

minn.bill Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

that upper sausage hangin thiingy dingy ,is that for the smoke vault?[​IMG]

10. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

11. pescadero

pescadero Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

I've got the same cast iron as GoFish and Monty. Have had it for years. Like the others, I just love it and wouldn't part with it for anything.
    It has a variety of uses but gets most of it's use, stir frying veggies or sautéing fish fillets on the BBQ Grill, with a smoker box running right beside it.

Yumm!!

Skip