Sausage

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by up in smoke, Aug 15, 2006.

1. I’m getting ready to whip up some Hot Stik with High temp cheese, but I want to add Jalapeno to the mix. There is a place outside of Pittsburgh that makes the best *#@%** jalapeno cheese beef stick I ever stuffed in my face, course he can’t/won’t share his secret (I don’t really blame him). So my question is …do I use use minced up deseeded jalapenos, or do I dry some pods and then grind em up? I could’nt really ascertain any bits of jalapeno in the snackstick. I could sure use some gastronomic input from y’uns guys.

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

If it's hot it has to have the seeds. If you deseed it, it will taste like jalepeno without any heat. I like to run whole fresh jalepenos through the food processor (or meat grinder). Just cut the stem off and chop it up real fine, you get a lot of kick that way. :evil:

3. Thanks for that rapid response, I can put it on with my Canadian Bacon, Kool…Mmmmmmmm Jalapeno Cheese Stik!

4. cajunsmoker

By the way, thanks for posting about the Canadian Bacon the first time. You got me to thinking about doing it and I tried it and loved it.

Ain't this place great? :D

5. Yep, It’s turning me into a smokaholic! I think Sunday I will do Goose Breasts…smack, slurp, slobber! Yesss, I am home!

6. smokemack

smokemack Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Have you smoked that sausage yet. If so, how'd it turn out, which way did you incorperate the japs? Goose breast sounds awesome!! Is it store bought, or hunted..?

7. You could also use ground jalapeno, which I assume is dried and the ground. It would incorporate like any other spice. I got mine at Savory Spices in Denver. It is really potent. When I bought it, the girl putting it in the jar said it was her least favorite spice to handle. Dumb me! I didn't listen and just had to open it in the car on the way home. Just wanted to taste it. I'd have had more fun driving a spike up my nose.

8. cajunsmoker

LOL :lol: