Sausage stuffer

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by tuffer, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Hello Folks

I am in search of a new sausage stuffer I have been using a weston 5 lb vertical for the last year but have already replaced the plunger once and now its on its way to plunger # 2.

Does anyone have or recommend a quality stuffer 

Thanks 

2. After reading reviews and researching what I could find, I decided on a LEM stuffer. I have ordered it, and am waiting for delivery. This one seemed to have the best reviews. I checked amazon and their website. Hopefully, I get a good one. Good luck on your research.

3. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

I have that same weston stuffer. What fails on it out of curiosity? I have not had any problem yet.

4. Timberjet  the plunger on mine has broken twice  the  teeth on the screw . maybe its me or maybe i just got a bad plunger 

5. timberjet

timberjet Master of the Pit

How was Weston about it? Just in case I ever have any problems. thanks in advance. My neighbor has a LEM stuffer and it has held up well. He is a commercial wild game processor so that is saying something.

6. Weston Has replaced both times,  they even paid for shipping. This new one they sent the steel is a lot heavier so will see. I was looking at the Lem's. Thanks for reply. 

7. goliath

goliath Smoking Fanatic

what model LEM did ya get....

i have the 10 pound SS 2 speed. the one that feeds outta the bottom center, not bottom side. have done lots of 19mm pepperoni with it and no problems. i just toss in a bunch of soggy old bread and squish the rest of the sausage out, or make a patty.

GREAT MACHINE...... all my equipment is LEM and i couldnt be happier, grinder, stuffer, meat mixer and vac packer

Goliath

8. crazymoon

crazymoon Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I've got a 5 # stuffer from the sausagemaker in Buffalo NY and a 22# stuffer from cabelas both work well,the only drawback is the meat left in the bottom of the stuffing canister.I believe some canisters are designed so there is a smaller space at the bottom where it goes into the tube ?Not sure which brands but I do remember posts on this site where folks talked about designs ?

9. driedstick

driedstick Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I have the LEM 5# and Love it does great never misses a lick, google them they may be on sale now if not free shipping maybe?? 

Good luck and let us know. 

A full smoker is a happy smoker,,, but in your case a full stuffer is happy stuffer LOL [​IMG]

DS

10. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

I bought the 15 lb Gander Mountain stuffer...... a lot cheaper and I think its identical to the lem.. Its a hoss. The 10 and 15 lb stuffers have metal gears

Last edited: Dec 19, 2014
  11. boykjo thanks for the info will check it out. 

12. chewmeister

chewmeister Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Don't think you can go wrong with the LEM.

13. atomicsmoke

atomicsmoke Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Crazy moonn,
    I got the kitchener 5lbs from northern tool. It has a groove at the bottom of the cylinder widening towards the exit hole. Helps minimizing the meat left in the machine (I think -haven't used it yet).

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  14. Thanks for all this info . Weston has supplied me with a new stuffer so will see how long this one lasts.