sausage cheese balls

Discussion in 'Side Items' started by bluefrog, Jul 22, 2006.

1. While doing some ribs the other day, I decided to try a new stuffing for ABTs. I did the usual sausage cheese ball recipe ....cook 1lb Jimmy Dean Hot, crumbled, mix with 2 cups bisquick, and two cups shredded sharp chedder. Stuffed the halapenoes with the above and topped with bacon. Then decided that the rest of the mixture made into the normal cheese balls would go into the smoker rather than the oven as usual. Best idea ever. I did crank the heat up after finishing the ribs to about 275-300 and smoking the sausage cheese balls in one of those bbq wok pans.
    They were excellent. Try this and let me know what you think and any improvements that you might make. Maybe using a smoked fatty instead of sausage browned off in a frying pan. (don't know why I didn't think of that)

Scott

2. cajunsmoker

cajunsmoker Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Bluefrog,

What is the original recipe for the sausage cheese balls?

Sounds good. :D

3. the original recipe is 2cups biaqick, 2 cups sharp chedder shredded, and 1 lb sausage...mix well and bake on cookie sheet at 350 for 12 to 15 min. Like I said, this time I pre cooked the sausage. I think a fatty would work really well, I think that I will try that next time.

Scott

4. oillogger

oillogger Meat Mopper OTBS Member

[fade:025a8b2c11]My wife and Mom has been making them for years following the same recipe. They are good. :) [/fade:025a8b2c11]

5. Ive had those before, quite good, but they were called by a different name.

Groundhog balls

Ill bet they are even better smoked!!!

6. deer meat

deer meat Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Those sound pretty tasty