Rump roast W/view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tybo6

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 4, 2008
Newalla,Oklahoma
Too dang hot to work today...106....Man that's to hot
So what do I do???????......Fire up the smoker and make a run on this rump.Of course sippin some cool one's along the way.First time I have done one.Lil nervous.I rubbed it just like I do my brisket.Let it go at 230 till int.temp hit 160.Wrapped it and let it set bout 2 hrs.
Sorry there are no start pics.It slipped my mind but here is the done and slice pics.Its good and turned out just like my brisket...Imagine that.Unlike the brisket it only took 7 hrs.I really was tryin to get this thing so I could pull it and make sammies but was scared if it went any longer it would dry out on me.Any one got any tips for me they would be preciated.
4fe078c5_vbattach19649.jpg

98cbe7c0_vbattach19648.jpg

498cfc01_vbattach19647.jpg

Looks good! To keep it from drying out, after 160 you can wrap it in plastic wrap (the heavy duty kind) that comes in the big roll from Sam's Club. Take it to 200-205 then let it rest to re-absorb the juice. Guaranteed good
icon_exclaim.gif

Looks like a fine job to me!!! Yep, 106 is a little warm to be doing any work!

If you want to pull it, wrap in foil with some liquid of your choice and bring temps up to 200' 210' or so for a couple of hours, then let it rest. It won't dry out, guaranteed.

Good luck!!

Rumps are a lil lean. I think ya made the right choice. You could inject it before the smoke and go to 180, but thats a 50/50 chance with a rumper!

Great looking beef there. I wanna try that with a whole chuck but treat it kinda like a butt. Also maybe inject it .
SmokeOn!

Chuck roasts I cook to 160, wrap in foil, with beef broth or other liquid, and take to 195-200. Cooler and rest a couple of hours. Pull like pork. Rump roast and round roasts, I take to 135 or so, let rest and slice extra thin for sandwiches (rare), with sauteed onions and bell peppers, cheese and a good roll. Yours looked mighty good. Wouldn't mind a sammie with that!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky